Liston Abramson has extensive experience litigating business and other complex disputes on behalf of institutions and individuals, in federal and state courts, as well as in alternative fora.
We thoroughly study our clients’ situations, in order to provide them with options, honest assessments of potential outcomes, and expected costs and likelihoods. We work with our clients to deliver the best results in the most cost-effective and expeditious manner possible.
We are skilled in settlement and alternative dispute resolution, but we generally approach disputes with trial in mind. Liston Abramson has extensive trial experience, and we do not shy away from fighting battles in the courtroom.
Early and comprehensive trial preparation gives our clients an advantage in any settlement negotiation; this includes gaining a full understanding of the dispute and the client’s business, and developing persuasive trial themes that will resonate with a jury. Our cases are set for trial if an acceptable pre-trial settlement is not achieved, and thus positioned for maximum success.
Our extensive experience includes litigation of disputes related to:
- Intellectual Property
- Domestic and International Fraud, Securities Fraud, and Embezzlement
- Contract and Other Commercial Matters
- Labor and Employment
- Professional Malpractice Claims
- Professional and Business Ethics
- Discovery in the U.S. in Aid of Foreign Legal Proceedings
- Receiverships and Liquidations
- Business Torts
- Insurance Coverage
- Trusts and Estates, and the Fiduciary Duties of Trustees